I've found another tool I like a lot. I REALLY like Symbaloo. Symbaloo is a social bookmarking tool that has the potential to help me, the ultimate Dr. Disorganized Download person, get organized. AHMAZING! I logged in using my Facebook account. I can't remember all the passwords anymore so lately I 've taken the Facebook login option. I got two messages right away. I could create a personalized webmix with the Quickstart or set Symbaloo as my homepage. I wasn't ready to set it as my homepage so I chose to create a customized webmix.
Symbaloo gave me a quick tour of features to get me started before I began personalizing the webmix. The tour helped me create, move, and delete tiles. Finally, I chose tiles that I use often like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And as quick as that I had enough skills to get going organizing my social media. I chose hootsuite because Chandra said it was a great tool in her blog. I'm going to try it out sometime next week.
Symbaloo is visually appealing and once I got to adding tiles I went a little crazy adding and deleting and adding other tools. Every tile opened a site with just a click and it was fantastic. Each site opened in a separate window.
I did a search for popular webmixes and chose the one above. This choice allows me to upload premade webmixes into my Symbaloo if I don't want to take the time to create or search for tiles one at a time.
I can see how this could be used in educational settings. Dr. Dennen asked for our blog url's. Symbaloo could help her organize our blogs neatly on one page by creating one tile for each student. When Dr. Dennen or Taehyeong are ready to read, they're all there, labeled and in one place. I also tried the RSS feeds and included CNN, MSNBC and a few blogs that I read every day. The page looked so neat I didn't want to shut it down. It was so organized. But this is a Web 2.0 class so I chose Valerie's social media mix and I'm ready to learn about more tools because she has lots in here that I've never heard about.
WAIT! I almost forgot to mention my favorite part! It's FREE!!! Yes, there are upgrades and you can get analytics from the site if you want but we do FREE!!!
Do you have a great idea about how to use Symbaloo in the classroom? Share your idea with me or send me the link(s). I'll be sure to share them with everyone and give you all the credit for finding them.





I'm completely intrigued by your description of Symbaloo. I am not sold on Hootsuite, so I definitely plan to check out Symbaloo. Thanks for the info!
ReplyDeleteExcellent! It's really easy. I'm using it now!!!!! :D
Delete