Pinterest

Friday, 5 August 2016


So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodnight


I hate to go and leave this pretty sight!!! Can you believe it's the end of week 6 and sadly the end of EME6414.  This is not a farewell blog. The Sound of Music is my favorite movie so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to throw that in there.  Really, it's more of a see you later blog.  I grew to love blogging during this class, and I'm definitely going to keep doing it (even if no one has to read it) because it's enjoyable to put your thoughts on virtual paper.  The course was challenging, but we grew into a little EME6414 community.  The discourse in the discussion boards sounded less and less like stiff scholars and more like people with personalities, likes, and dislikes, as time went by and we got to see Dr. Dennen with pink hair!!!!  I loved that.  

I've packed my bags with some tools I loved along the way, and I don't want to do without.  I have Merlot II, Diigo, Symbaloo and of course Voicethread.  I hope Voicethread adjusts when flash goes away.  I've told everyone I know about it and used it for the final in another class. This lurker-spanner is spreading the word about great Web 2.0 tools.  I've been reflecting on the entire process in preparation for writing my final paper.  I can say with confidence that we've experienced everything we read about in the weekly readings. Zimmerman himself would be proud of how we've moved through the three phase cyclic SRL model.  We did it, and we're at the end.  A little tired. Ok, a lot tired but we are the better for the experience.  Soooooo.....

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die


Die? No, I have my Web 2.0 tools packed and I know how to use them to reach out to you at any time. Always on always connected! or should I say Networked!

( I love that song too, by the way, Had to use it. Couldn't resist.)

1 comment :

  1. Thanks Sophia for your great participation and interaction!

    ReplyDelete